The goal of the Risk Department is to mitigate financial loss to the company through proactive merchant review and analysis. This position resides within the Risk Management Department, reporting to the Director of Risk Management. The Risk Analyst candidate will proactively review Aurora’s merchant portfolio for fraud, regulatory, and credit risk. The Candidate will utilize a host of risk monitoring tools to review and analyze merchant activity, business structure, and financial exposure. This information will be used to determine whether adverse action is required to prevent loss.
- Monitor merchant processing activity for exceptions outside of approved parameters.
- Identify, investigate, and report potentially suspicious activity
- Complete periodic reviews of high-risk merchants, including deep dive into merchant financials to determine overall risk exposure to the business
- Make decisions regarding the disposition of merchant processing activity to mitigate losses to the company.
- Assist in the mitigation of losses by ensuring activities are an accurate representation of the merchant’s business model
- Provide various reporting to management
- Any other tasks as assigned
Our ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s in Finance or equivalent in relevant experience and training.
- 2 years’ experience in risk management and/or underwriting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in bank or bank card industry.
- Good practical knowledge of Excel
- Good business sense
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with First Data and TSYS processing systems preferred