As Underwriter, you will review and analyze merchant applications in adherence to Bank, Card Brand, Company policies to mitigate potential risks and grow the portfolio. You will be actively engaged with Risk Management and Sales teams to identify current risk and market trends; while supporting the growth of the business through problem-solving, positive attitude, and proactivity.
- Review merchants’ application using multiple Underwriting tools and identify associated credit, fraud, and reputational risk.
- Demonstrate strong methodical skills in analyzing data, drawing meaningful conclusions, preparing a written summary of results in accordance with department procedures
- Maintain records of all underwriting performed
- Maintain communication & collaboration with sales partners, merchants & co-workers.
Our ideal candidate
- 2 years’ experience Underwriting in the bankcard industry an asset (Experience in underwriting of Complex Verticals preferred)
- Experience in the bank or bankcard industry
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good business sense
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and understand financial statements (preferred)